Becoming a Member at Oxford Gun Club
Shooters are encouraged to become club members. While it is not required there are a number of benefits to joining the club and keeping your membership active. As a member you can take advantage of a number of programs:
- Members are encouraged to attend quarterly membership meetings at the clubhouse to review the club’s finances and vote on capital expenditures and elect officers at the January meeting. For those interested you can meet the various officers and shooting captains and find out about opportunities to volunteer to help at the club. Upkeep of the club grounds and equipment is done with volunteer help.
- Members 19 and older, save $2 per 25 targets in all of the shotgun sports.
- Junior shooters, under age 19, shoot for a discounted price regardless of membership.
- Senior shooters, 70 and older, save an additional $1 per 25 targets between 4:00 and 5:00 PM on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays.
- The club offers discount booklets for either $6 or $7 tickets to be used at the various shooting events. Buy a book of 10 and get one ticket free, a 10% discount.
ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP FEES
$30 Junior (under 19 yr)
$90 Annual Family Membership (Guardian and under 19 yr)
$600 one time fee
Insurance requires all shooters to have a current signed waiver form on file with the club.
Shooters under the age of 18 need to have the waiver signed by a parent or guardian.
Oxford Gun Club Designation As a Charitable Organization
In 2017 Oxford Gun Club received designation as a charitable organization from the Internal Revenue Service.
Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, more commonly known as the tax code, defines organizations that are exempt from taxes because they operate in the public interest. Another name for a 501(c)(3) organization is a charitable organization. Simply providing charitable services, however, is not enough to qualify as a 501(c)(3) organization. You must meet all operational, legal and reporting requirements of the tax code in order to receive tax-exempt status.
As a 501 (c)(3) organization donations to Oxford Gun Club are tax deductible within the guidelines of this law.